Friday, March 12, 2010

Nails Of The Day: Plaid Nail Tutorial




Recently, I have not done any nail tutorial updates because I gave my nails to grow slightly. Also I had a long nails some time ago, but I made them kind of a rounded shape. And all because of my nails by themselves have a very narrow form they looked pretty rediculous. So I cut all the sharp ends and gave them a square shape as usual. And just today I decided to do something fresh on my nails. I started doing this manicure in the morning and ended only at the end of the day (all day long busy with my baby-son). I was in a hurry to do my latest photos, because the sun was already at sunset lol: So, this tutorial took me such long time to do :)


For this nail design I used absolutely matte nail polishes - neon-orange, dark-brown and true-red and also some silver glitters nail polish. As well as I used thin brush to create that lines and one cotton pad with nail polish remover. So, thats it. And by the way, I am gonna wearing it outside. In compared with make up I can wear everything dark and bright on my nails on daily basics.




Before you start all the nail application apply a base coat and wait untill it completely dry. This step will allow to remain all designs on your nails for more long time. Also a base coat polish create more smooth surface for all the colorful nail polishes. First of all I applied two coats of The Face Shop Nail Talk nail polish in OR 205 which is just a neon nail color. And waited untill each of both coats completely dry.




After that I dropped some of D.TE BR119 in True Brown nail polish drops on clean paper and with a small thin brush I draw 4 lines across the entire nail plate. This is absolutely matte brown color which is dries very qickly, so I started my next step immediately after this.




I cleaned the same thin brush on a cotton pad wet in my nail polish remover and dropped some drops of The Face Shop Nail Talk nail polish in RD 301. And applied the same 4 lines across my nails near the brown polish. And waited until it dry.




And finally again with the same thin brush I applied the same 4 lines with VoV Nail Cone in Silver Suzy 1907 right in between of the red and brown lines. And right now I am waiting untill my nails completely dry to apply top coat polish to set all the disign. And make it more bright and shiny looking.


Very easy to do nail art. Suits and for long nails and for short. Hope you like it and give it to try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment