Friday, March 19, 2010

MAC Mineralize SPF15 Foundation

I bought this foundation about 3 weeks ago more or less and I'm really on the fence about it. I think I'm on the I don't like it side more than liking it. I think I've used it 5 times since I bought it...it's not a foundation that wows me. I would not repurchase it this I know for sure. MAC foundations usually break me out... and bad. Surprisingly this one didn't. The color I got was NW25 and it's a little too dark for me which is odd because the NW25 in Studio Fix Fluid is a little light. So, keep that in mind if you are buying this online without trying it on. This particular foundation runs a little dark.

This foundation feels really dewy on the skin which gives a nice finish but feels really weird. It makes your face feel really moist. I don't know how else to describe it. It's very "creamy/dewy". The finish it gives it nice but nothing great. It's nothing to write home about or alert the twitter peeps! ;) It does last a decent amount of time especially for being so dewy but the lasting power is no longer than a few hours.

I'm really not trying to give this a bad review but having tried many foundations in my day this really doesn't meet my standards (ie Nars Sheer Glow and Make Up Forever HD). I don't hate it... I just don't love it....I've tried worse. :) 

Also, I bought the limited edition 130 brush for this. The MUA talked me into it because she said any other brush or sponge I'd use with this would just "eat away" the product and waste it. SUCKER. Your 188 brush will work just fine. You don't need the 130 brush. It's not a must have product.

I do have to say though the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in natural (the powder) is the best powder I've ever tried. So, it can always be hit or miss with the MAC face products. 





As you can see the NW25 is quite dark in comparison to my pale hand.
MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation (in natural lighting) PS this picture was taken weeks ago before I have my more dramatic highlights put in.... so that is why my hair is darker... I didn't dye it back. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment