Friday, February 19, 2010

Bronze, baby, bronze....



I love bronzers! Who really needs more than one bronzer? Well, apparently I do!! They all may look a little similar but each of them really do offer something unique and special. Some I use more than others because I think they are amazing and some are just ok and I reach for once in a blue moon. 

"Illamasqua Bronzing Duo in Glint & Burnish"
Right now I'd have to say that this bronzer is my all time favorite. I have pretty fair skin and the color Glint in this duo surprisingly make the most perfect cheek bone contour especially because I am fair. It looks natural and glowy. I really wish they sold the Glint separately because I really do reach for that color more. I use the Burnish to add a little warmth to my forehead and temples. It's $27 from Sephora.com This bronzer is amazing, amazing.... can we say amazing?


"Chanel's Soliel tan de Chanel"
This bronzer is truly unique! It's kind of a dense mousse powder. This baby is a lot of money (around $50) but it WILL last you forever. I've had this for almost a year and I've barely made a dent in it. I use my Sigma SS168 (which is a large angled contour brush) and I lightly tap the product on the brush (you don't need a lot) and gently buff the color in. The color in the swatch looks quite orange but it's really not. It's actually quite natural on the skin. This also can be used as a base for your powder bronzer to help it adhere better.


"Hoola by Benefit"
I really, really like this bronzer. I think it gives a really beautiful natural skin kissed glow. This color is completely matte so because of that it's going to look really nice and natural. This was my first "real" bronzer I ever bought and I didn't like it at first. At first I thought it looked really muddy on my skin but that's because I wasn't doing it right. A light hand is key and not putting it ALL over your face. Bronzers are made to give you warmth and definition not to make you look like you are of a different ethnicity. If you are fair and putting it all over your face is going to be a dead giveaway that you are wearing something to make your look tan. That can be obvious and we aren't going for obvious (at least I'm not)! 
This is $28



"Too Faced - Snow Bunny"
I've had this bronzing/highlight for a few years. The MUA artist talked me into it because she said "You know how Jennifer Lopez always glows? Well, that's because she uses this". Sucker. I don't even know if that's true or not. I'd say this is my most subtle bronzer but it really does give a very pretty glow and highlight to the face/cheeks. This bronzer has 4 different colors that can be swirled all together or you can use each color alone. The pearl color makes a really pretty highlight. This is $27.



"Too Face Sun Bunny"
This bronzer is really similar to the Illamasqua bronzer duo (shown above) but it's a little darker. The same goes with this bronzer you can use each other alone or mix them together. I perfect to use the lighter color on my cheek bones and the darker color on my forehead. This bronzer is very pretty and very natural on your face. $27



"Nars Laguna"
This is a NARS cult classic. I think almost every make up junkie has this in her collection or has tried it at least once. I do like it but I don't get the cult following. It's pretty but it's not the greatest of great... in my opinion. It does give off a very pretty color but you have to be careful not to go overboard with this one because it has the potential of going on really dark if you use a heavy hand. I really like the color it gives and probably would buy it again. It's $32 
There has been rumors that this is going to be discontinued but I think that's just a rumor. I don't know WHY they would discontinue one of their best sellers.

"Bare Minerals in Warmth"
This is one that I don't grab for very often... if ever. Every once in a while I use it for a bronzy blush but probably only in the summer. This color is pretty bronzy orange but it does look pretty on the cheeks. You also need to go lightly with this color because you don't want to look like an ompa lumpa. It's a loose mineral power so it can be kinda messy. It's nice but I don't really use it.


"E.L.F in Warm" from their Studio Line
ELF products rock. Plain and simple. I think this product was $3! The quality is really nice and the color is equally as nice. I don't love it for some reason and don't use it that often but for $3 it's so beyond worth it to have in your collection. The color this gives really does warm up for face and it gives a very beautiful natural look. This comes with 4 colors and they look amazing mixed together. 
The color was a little more reddish in person than I was hoping for but it's not too bad. Very pretty.

So, my loves.... bronze away!




No comments:

Post a Comment