Wednesday, January 27, 2010

NARS Orgasm Illuminator


As you all know I've been on a highlighter kick and I had heard NARS was coming out with an illuminator in the color Orgasm. I rushed to the Sephora website with great excitment. This one looked perfect and it looked liked it might just might be my perfect highlighter. Boy, was I wrong. This is NOT the highlighter I've been searching for all my life... not even close. It's smaller than I thought it was going to be (1.1oz) and for $29 you would think you would get something a little bit bigger but it is NARS so you are kinda paying for the name as well. My gripe with this is... it's SO sheer that I wouldn't even call it an illuminator. Yes, it does have faint pink/gold shimmer but once rubbed in you can hardly tell. I was SO disappointed. I thought about taking it back but then I found another use for it but that use would NOT be as a highlighter. When rubbed into the skin it leaves a very light rose tint and I think it looks pretty to put over your blush as a little extra umph of color. It's more of a light liquid blush IMO than an illuminator. It does leave a slight sheen to the skin and does give kinda a dewly look but that's about it. I think I will keep it as something to put over my blush to add some color but over all.... I'm sadly disappointed in it. I acutally think this product is more of a rose color than the actual blush... I think this color is more like the NARS Deep Throat than the Orgasm.
Have you tried this? What were your thoughts? Where you suprised at how sheer it was, too??



Rubbed in... with the FLASH it does look like it has a lot of shine but it doesn't look like that in real life


On the cheeks



No comments:

Post a Comment