Thursday, April 1, 2010

Make-Up Tutorial: Purple Smokey Eyes Using Sleek Acid Eye Shadow Palette




Finally today the rain had stopped pouring. And it is such nice and warm and sunny spring day out there so my mood is absolutely great! And I feel like it is a great start to play around my Sleek eye shadow palettes again, because I want to do a series type of make-up looks using all of them, I mean 4 of them which I have got in a swap. So, I decided to start my mini-series from Acid palette which is totally my favourite one. Because the colors in there are absolutely bright and pigmented and neon but powdery. And I am kind of can't wearing them on daily based. Anyways, I have a lot of enjoy and fun just to play with them for my tutorials only. 


My today's look is based on smokey sort of basic make-up with a sharp edges on the outer corners. Which is pretty simple to do, you just have to spend some time on a good blending and thats all. I used only 3 colors and brow bone highlight for this look. I also want to note that all these colors are matt, but if you prefering shimmery shades more go ahead and use them. It is really up to you. Hope you'll like the look...




To start with I put on the scotch tape on the corners of my eyes, because I feel kind of lazy to use a plastic card today. After that with a random black eye pencil apply kind of color base for your eye shadows. I used just Dove black eyeliner which is creamy enough to use it for this step. Also after I applied the black eye pencil I blended it in and up with my ring finger.


 


Next I took my flat stiff brush and packed matte black eye shadow all over the black base. And with a tip of your brush gentely try to blend out all the harsh lines. It is kind of massy right now, but it's ok! Don't worry, it's gonna be very nice in a little bit.




With another flat eye shadow brush I applied violet shade all around the black eye shadow and nicely connected 2 colors together.




Turn the same brush to the other clean side and apply red violet color on top of the previous eye shadow. Just to make it little bit more bright. And again blend all together smoothly. Because smokey eyes it's all about the perfect blending!




Ones you have all that bright colors on, take a big flat eye shadow brush and apply that matte white eye shadow on to the brow bone as a highlight shade. And blend down the violet colors to make the look more soft and smooth. Now you can take off the scotch tape.




Also I lined my waterline with the same black Dove eye pencil and pull it all over the lower lash line. On top of that black pencil I applied the first violet color I've used on my top lid. As well as I applied the same matte white highlight shade on outer corners of my eyes, where the sharp edge is. Just to make them look more nice and clean.




To finish the look I lined my upper lid with The Face Shop black liquid eyeliner, applied VoV #1 false eye lashes, curled them with my real eye lashes and applied a little bit of clear mascara on, just to blend together fake and real lashes a bit better. And thats it!




For my lips I used Castledew lipstick #130 (very light baby pink color) and Icing lipgloss, also in light pink on top of that.


Thats it for the smokey eyes. I don't really know what look is gonna be next, but it definately will be something bright again!


Have a great weekend you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment